Friday, October 22, 2010

Update

Things are going great! Lots of things going on and lots to study and do. I am communicating easier and easier with my family and community every day which is really nice. Its hard to be patient with myself some days because I already want to be fluent but know that it is going to take time and dedication. It is a really big help being as active as I have been here for a stress reliever. We hike several miles almost every day all over the place, having a community in the mountains is actually pretty great. Plus of course a river goes by here which is just amazing to hike by and even swim in, although not very sanitary though I imagine because of all the rain we get that washed all the dirty things from the street down into the water. Well I have to get going but will try to update again soon. :) Pura Vida!

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Hep Shots for dirty rain water!! now you know what it's like when I surf right after the rain. lol!! I'm so happy you're doing well and I can't wait for another post and more pictures!!! stay clean and study hard!!

    Love,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Yes, patience at times is difficult, but hang in there. You did an amazing job with the language this summer. I'm sure you are doing terrific. Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy! Lots of love, hugs and kisses.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete