Saturday, October 9, 2010

The last couple days have been pretty intense but also filled with some great conversation, new things to learn, wonderful food, and even some adventures. It is rather intimidating when in my brand new spanish class we are only being spoken to in spanish, since it still a language I have yet to learn.
The town we have been staying on since Monday is called Tres Rios, and yesterday we went down the hill to the city of Cartago. It was just beautiful with old ruins right in the center by the plaza. I saw a former Presidents home, because apparently Cartago used to be the capital of Costa Rica before they changed it to San Jose because of the frequent earth quakes that kept destroying their structures in Cartago.
Today I will be heading to my first home stay family and community in Vuelta de Jorco. I will be living with my host mother Andrea, host father Miguel, son Jean Carlo, and daughter Maria Jose for the next 10 weeks. And of course what i am most excited for the dog Chiri:). Communication will most likely be much more infrequent there but don't worry you can keep sending emails and I will just get the pleasure of reading them all at once. Since this is my first homestay experience and am both excited and nervous for it to come. Thats all I have for now but I will keep posting as much as I am able.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your adventure. Google satellite shows a great road and a local attraction called A-Z Coffee Museum. This will be a must on the list of things to do :)
    Be safe Audrey and make good choices! :)
    I know you will have a grand time.
    By next week you will be fluent in Spanish.
    Lots of love and hugs going your way.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second try!
    The girls and I will check out google to see exactly were you are.
    Hopefully the girls will be followers very soon!
    Be safe! Uncle Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for you! Be safe and learn quickly. :) I expect a fully trained dog by the time you leave in 10 weeks. O BTW, you are getting e-mails daily, so put your reading glasses on and plan on dedicating some time when you return.

    Miss you a ton!!

    Love,

    V

    ReplyDelete